Thursday, December 22, 2005

A cRAZY pEACE


I already indicated that this is not going to be the most contemplative Christmas. Kids are wonderful but they blast the stuffy notion that worship is all about being quiet, and thoughtful, and quietly introspective. There are moments: candles lit in the dark, little eyes mesmerized, Johanna's little voice singing "Away in a Manger..."

...more often Johanna is dragging Simeon (or our Dog Holly) around the living room trying to wrap him in swaddling clothes and demanding that I put a bedsheet on my head and play Jo'fef to her Mary.

I can't say that I mind. I haven't felt altogether introspective as of late anyhow. Those of you who know me closely might be able to discern that this is not an altogether bad thing. It has been good to be busy, to not get caught up in the host of things that buzz around my head to no end... to banish doubts and just do. So, I am glad for the jubilating, crazy peace around here..

No comments: