Sunday, December 18, 2005

Christmas in Iowa

With Jodie's encouragement - this is my first real attempt at posting on this blog. It's 6:30 AM and I am once again wrestling with the sermon I have to give in just 3 hours. It's cold, windy, and snowy outside - another typical Iowan winter. Yet, there's a beauty about this season that I can't get over. The crunch of the snow under one's feet, the iceicles hanging from the trees, and simply the stillness that's in the air reminds me again and again of one of my favorite verses - "Be still and know that I am God" (Psalm 46:10) ..... In the midst of the busyness of this season (and for some of you 'parenthood') I pray that each of you will be able to simply take time to know ... that He is God. .....
In His Everlasting Love,
John

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wonderful. So good to see SOMEONE else posting. Your church is lucky to have such a good pastor.

Anonymous said...

Thanks John. I hope the sermon came off alright. I'm very much enjoying the 'beauty' of my first real winter, even if it in a big city rather than in rural Iowa.