Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving

My parents. Glad they made it another year! Blake's wedding. The new community coming. The chance to study. Flannel sheets. Yellow yarn. Doug. My students especially my little Jesuit and my Irish lass. Doug's work. Johanna's funny comments. Today when I asked her what is a family she started to sing: We all live in a yellow submarine. From whence who knows. It is so amazing to be part of birth and new life especially when you see that new life begin to bring new things into the world: a new voice, new thoughts, new energy, new love.... Simeons toothy smile. Friends. Friends. That I am still somehow Christ's.

2 comments:

The Enríquez-Zandstra family said...

Hi, Jodie. Just checked your blog for the first time and love it. Except that now I feel mine is distinctly inferior.

It's a good kind of depressing. :)

The Enríquez-Zandstra family said...

Hey, Jodie, Doug, and family. Good to read up on your life. Do you mind if I link to your blog from mine?