Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Adventous

It snowed last night. The ground, like a powdered doughnut, was just a bit dusted, but I was thankful for it. Thankful for the two minutes Simeon spent at the window in awe, for Johanna's breaking out into "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas" and for the way the snow reminds me of my wedding day. I didn't even know Johanna knew "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas, nor did I expect to be overwhelmed by the immensity of love, now growing, remembered at it near beginning. Of course that is the bright side of the day. A lot of it was spent swearing at the cold, cursing my chapped lips, frustrated by hyper, slightly sick children, and by German. Stille Nacht, Heilige Nacht..... Not quite. Oh yes, and cursing my groom, my blissful mate for having the audacity to get sick the day before my German exam. In sickness and in health... Sure, as long as it is not a annoying head cold.

No comments: