Thursday, February 02, 2006

From Ben and Angela



Hello, Ben here. Job is going fine at Mt Sinai, it feels good to be 15 seconds away from the ER in case anything goes horribly wrong. (I'm just kidding, nothing can go horribly wrong.)


Hey all - it's Angela here - I can't remember my password, so I'll probably sign out as Ben...

We began our visioning process at our community meeting in preparation for our retreat in mid-February. It was good to begin talking about things that have been on our hearts for a long time and realize that we are really doing this community thing.

Our lives continue in a daily routine or not so routine of child care, work, meeting people, baby yoga, dishes, dishes, and paper writing. Our lives swirl around each other during the day, we converge around dinner and then swirl off again - often touching during the day at various points sharing life's events. Oh and lets not forget our visits to St. Josephs hospital that have also become routine.

I am discovering the art of allowing caring for my child to be an accomplishment in and of itself - something I am allowed to check off my checklist of my oh so guilty calvinistic work ethic mind that pushes productivity driven by tangible daily deeds and activities. Yes, breastfeeding can be checked off, and that dirty diaper, and that rocking to sleep and that gazing into eachother's eyes for endless moments marveling in the beauty of my child....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from St. Davids, PA.
I did a google search to find the toronto star article about you guys and found your blog by accident. It's nice to have away to reach you since my attemtpts to email your yahoo accounts have been unsuccessful. At any rate, I went to hear shane claiborne (the simple way) speak on campus this morning and wanted to give him a copy of the article so he would know that the "new monastacism" is north of the boarder too. I have been in touch with Vinny and he will be joining us in NYC when we are up in Feb to be at Tony's taping on the Colbert Report. It will be nice to see him again. I need to close now, but not without telling you guys how much we enjoyed spending some time with you: Jodie, Doug, Johanna and Simeon -it was great seeing you and I hope it won't be so long before we are together again.

you are often in my thoughts.

all my love,
robert