Wednesday, January 04, 2006

waiting for Elijah



Jessica spent New Year's here and a good time was had by all.

We really need to consider our next steps as a community. We have room for one more person. We wonder if we should fill it or whether we should save it for Elijah.
We are in a rushrushwaitwait sort of pattern right at the moment.

So, I have been trying to remind myself to do the good that is set out before me. However, I don't want that to devolve into some pitiful Calvinist ethic (sorry to all my Calvin friends) whereby we fulfill our calling by being a petty bureaucrat for the state (I think a street sweep might actually be a holy occupation.) I guess what I am left wondering is if I should be out there chasing down Jesus or if I ask hard enough he might just come knocking on my door. Behold, I stand....and I was everywhere naked, and hungry, sick and worn.... How have I got to this point where I can't see him. Ok. So, this is the sort of introspection I promised myself I wouldn't bother the blog with. However, I'm going to end with prayer and I hope you can pray with me.
Lord, help me to stop being such a shortsighted, caught up in my own worried world, fool. Please help me to stop being so suspicious of all the people you bring into my life: catergorizing them, judging them, dispensing with them... Allow me to come into the bold faith of one of your true disciples and please fill me with your love that (truly) moves the world and each of us to eternal life with you. Amen.



Any New Year's resolutions you would care to share?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

rather moving my love

Anonymous said...

read al Quran